Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Five Favorites

Heading over to Hallie's today with 5 fav's...

1.  "Gogurt popcicles."  Ryan's co-worker shared this idea with us and our kids love them.  Easy to do...buy gogurt, stick in freezer, serve to begging children.  My kids like these as much as ice cream, and are satisfied with them as a "dessert."

image

2.  Brianna's Home Style Blush Wine Vinaigrette.  Another foodie, but someone brought this salad dressing with dinner after Michael's arrival and it's a new favorite of mine.  It's very light and delicious on a simple salad of romaine, shredded parmesan, and craisins.


3. Insulated cups.  Specifically when they are housing my morning coffee since it usually takes all morning to consume it!

4.  Books on tape.  We bought our van with a built-in DVD player - which is great for road trips but sometimes it's a bit too convenient for all of us during the hour-long school pick-up.  I've been bringing books on tape to listen to in the car and even Ellen is entertained if she gets a turn holding the book.

5.  A 99% potty-trained 2 year-old!  We were 100% in our "achievements" yesterday!  It's definitely my very favorite thing right now!  :)  

Have a Happy Wednesday!  I'm praying for no rain for Jude's already rescheduled farm field trip today!    (And no "accidents" by accompanying siblings!)

6 comments:

  1. Sending Flynn over for potty training camp. I am just too old...I'm sure you won't mind, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to try the Brianna's honey mustard -- delicious!

    We use Audible around here .... love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We freeze the gogurts and stick it in their lunchboxes so I don't need to throw an ice pack in there to keep the yogurt cold. I never thought of serving them still frozen. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhhhh, we are in the beginning stage of potty training our 2yo. Any tips? Bribing doesn't seem to work.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not met a Brianna's dressing that I do not like but the one that you have is my favorite.
    Happy Wednesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do frozen gogurts all the time too. And yes, they are an instant winner with kids!

    Also, I totally forgot about that salad dressing. I used to get it regularly in college. I think it's time to bring it back. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete