Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We enjoyed a delicious feast on Thursday hosted by my in-laws. My sister-in-law and her family were in town, so it was nice spending time with them.

Of course I'm married to Kris Kringle, and our house was fully decked inside and out over the weekend for Christmas.

And after all of the chaos of decorating and rearranging and dragging boxes up and down the basement stairs, fevers hit Jude and Ellen.  Lovely.  And then the coughing ensued.  And then we ended up at the pediatrician with bronchitis diagnoses x2.

So Ellen's room has been turned into an infirmary with the one humidifier running for the two sickies, ibuprofen has been administered every 6-8 hours, the TV has been on non-stop, the thermometer beeps the latest body temperatures, and sippy cups are over-flowing with ice water and juice.  All the while Clare begs for her normal temperature to be taken in hopes of missing a day of school.  (Although I'm afraid she's more likely to end up home with the stomach flu that has infected 1/3 of her class...I'm crossing my fingers we dodge that one.)

If I try to see the silver lining through the haze of sleepless nights...we really are hanging out in Christmas pajamas, watching Christmas movies on the DVR, taking temperatures under the twinkling of Christmas lights, and snuggling under Christmas quilts, while coughs are muffled over Christmas music.

It is the most wonderful time of the year!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment