Friday, November 2, 2012

Highlights of my Week

Linking with Jen on this lovely TGIF...

1. Does everyone have fruit flies in their house this time of year?  Or is it just us?  The only funny thing about having them is that Jude calls them "root flies."  In the meantime I've stopped buying bananas and started putting out apple cider vinegar to trap the ones that were left.  I'm happy to report no "root flies" have been seen in the past week.  Hooray!

2.  There are not a lot of big trees in our neighborhood.  Nonetheless, Jude can always find a stick to play with outside.  Or to attempt to bring inside.  This beauty only made it to the garage.


3.  I made a giant check for our Halloween costume on Saturday.  Then Clare used the leftover poster board to make her own.  I love how she wrote at the bottom that it is good for "free shipping!"


4. Jude was the proud owner of a pet potato bug this week.  It didn't last long, but long enough to be named "Joseph" after my youngest brother.  That's the kind of namesake everyone wants.


5. Typical daily backseat conversation between Jude and Ellen: 

     "Ellen, you're not the boss of me!"
     "Jude, I'm not the boss of you!!"
     "You're not the boss of me!!!"
     "I not the boss of you!!!!!"
     "You're not the boss of me, Ellen!!!!!"
      Etc., etc., etc..........

6. Everything seemed to be going wrong in Clare's life one day this week, so she wrote me a letter telling me she was running away.  Life is so rough when you're 7.

(Godde = Good-bye)

7. I recently survived a week with Ryan out of town on business.  Clare and Jude alternated being my bed buddy.  Halfway through the first night I became very thankful that Ryan does not grind his teeth 90% of the night...

Hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend!


   

3 comments:

  1. I always think pulling Ellen into bed with me is going to be a good idea...until I get a nice kick to the throat. That girl is a night time ninja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through Jen's quick takes:) I laughed pretty hard at how creative your children are! We have had a little bit of a fly problem around here too.. although they have mostly stayed outside surrounding our carved pumpkins! Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Jen's Quick Takes as well and I loved reading about your kids. Hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete