Saturday, May 12, 2012

Trading Blogs!

Hello there!

Today I'm taking part in a Trading Blogs Guest Posting Party and can be found over at Yankee Doodle Designs.  And I'm happy to be hosting Karin over here:



Hi I'm Karin


 and I blog over at Yankee Doodle Designs. Let me start by just saying a BIG Thank You to Tricia for having me guest post here at  making it feel like home at as part of the Trading Blogs Guest Posting Party over at Serendipity and Spice.



As I said, I blog over at Yankee Doodle Designs, if you would like to come check me out. Most of the time you will find me blogging about DIY crafts, home improvement projects, thrifting and finding great deals (who doesn't LOVE a great deal, right). So after I was partnered with Tricia, I came on over to check out her blog and WOW was I excited when I saw this post, I knew right then what I was gonna blog about for my guest post, it just so happens that I am working on a big project in my Family room and was just about done with this fun little tutorial, so here goes:
Brought to you by the Letter N

 I'm so excited to be here to share a simple but super cute DIY project with you today. 


This is a quick, inexpensive project that you can do in just a few minutes. I saw this project on Pinterest months ago and have been dying to make it, but of course I had to put my own little twist on it. The whole project only cost me a a few bucks. I spent $2.99 on my "N" at Joann Fabrics, the maps came from an outdated Atlas in the trunk of my car, and the Mod Podge I had in my craft supplies.  By the way right now you can buy a super cheap 8.5x11 Atlas at Target, they were in the Dollar Spot the other day when I was there and I couldn't help but buy a few just to have on hand for future projects. There are some really cute map projects on my Pinterest Boards, if you would like to check them out!

                                   My Inspiration from Pinterest


I cut out maps of all the Cities that I have lived in over the last 25 years, there were 9 all together. Being married to a Military man, I've had the pleasure of seeing quite a bit of this beautiful country and living in some amazing places. I laid out my favorite places so they would be in a prominent spot on my letter N. My NOT so favorite places ( you know who you are El Paso, Texas) wound up in the back or on the bottom. 

I brushed some Mod Podge on my "N" and than began placing my map pieces, smoothing them out and then adding more Mod Podge on top. 

I did one section at a time stopping in between to let the Mod Podge dry so I could do the bottom and back with out the front getting stuck on my paper plate.


My favorite thing about this project is that my map covered letter "N" is covered with maps of all the Cities I've called Home for the past 25 years. It makes me smile when I look at it. I can't wait to hang it up, it's part of a bigger project that I'm working on in my Family room...here's a little sneak peak


you'll have to come over to Yankee Doodle Designs  for the Big Reveal coming up in the next few weeks. Again a Big Thanks To Tricia for having me here, I really hope you enjoyed todays project and if you'd like to see more, stop on by my blog and see what else I've been up to.

Until Next Time
Karin

2 comments:

  1. How lovely and easy! Great project, and I love her blog, too. :)

    Kisses from Egypt,
    Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this craft! What a great idea. We have so many maps in the file cabinet that never get used. My kids will enjoy making some, too. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete