Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kid-Friendly Cards

Clare is at a fun age where card games are starting to interest her.  
Uno is one of our favorites right now.

image

The only problem is that small hands sometimes have trouble handling a lot of playing cards.

We have solved this problem by making a "card holder" that I found on pinterest.


Simply take two lids from the same product and staple them together in the center.


The lids I used were larger, so I also hot glued around the staple to keep the cards snug in place.  Press together and let hot glue dry. 


Then just stick the cards in between the two lids and they stay put and are easy for a young card player to manage.



Bring on game night!  




15 comments:

  1. These are super cool Tricia, what a lovely fun idea.. MUST try with the kiddies.. :)) Thanks SO much for sharing..Wishing you a HAPPY start to your weekend.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I am so going to try this idea! My kids are 10, 9 and 6 and they still have trouble holding their cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We'll be trying this soon.

    I'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia, thank you so much for sharing the great idea at our Finished Friday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! I am so going to try this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea. I am going to make one and put it in our camping gear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang... why didn't I think of that. Great Idea. Saw you on LLR

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done this with my kids too. Isn't it fabulous. I've been so happy that I can play cards with them now. I'm glad you can too. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is a great idea! I need to make some of these pronto! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME tip! Thanks so much for sharing it and linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this! Thanks for linking it up to Fun Stuff Fridays on Toys In The Dryer! I +1 and pinned this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this today! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete