Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Easy Chocolate Cake (no eggs)

We celebrated Jude's birthday twice...once last Wednesday on his actual birthday, and then again on Sunday with aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.  Since there wasn't a large crowd to eat a cake on his birthday, I made this cake from scratch.  It is a recipe my mom has used for years.  I did half of the recipe and made one-layer cake and it was plenty for the five of us to enjoy.


Easy Chocolate Cake
Stir together:
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
Add:
2 cups cold water
2/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla


Pour into greased cake pans and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
(Or for 20 minutes for cupcakes.)


My humble attempt at the Transfomers logo made the birthday boy very happy.


And slice for the birthday boy on our special birthday plate.


Linking here.

10 comments:

  1. Just a side note, the recipe in some places is called, "Mix in the Pan Chocolate Cake". So I don't think you even need to grease the pan since you can mix the ingredients right in the pan. But it is the moistest cake ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! We have a birthday plate in our household too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.. yummy! What a cute design Tricia! You did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A one bowl, one pan chocolate cake? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that there are no eggs in this! My good friend's younger brother cannot eat eggs, which makes celebrating birthdays, graduations, etc especially difficult because they are always in the cakes. Not any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! I have to try a cake recipe with no eggs!! I love the transformer icing you made!!

    Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!
    Please don't forget to put my button/link somewhere on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this! My best friend has a daughter allergic to eggs so I'm always on the look out for eggless desserts :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks tasty!! YUM!! Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I replace vegetable oil with coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete