Friday, January 13, 2012

Conversation Stones

My MOPS leader found this idea on pinterest and we made them at our meeting this week.  
(Originally found here.)    



These are easy and inexpensive to make.  We have some sitting on our tables at our meetings to initiate conversation and made these for our dinner tables.  I think they would also be fun for a shower with questions about the bride-to-be or even to make a bunch to use as a fun family game night activity.

All you need are large glass stones (found at the Dollar Store)



and conversation questions printed out


...and cut out to fit the size of the glass stones.  


Just mod podge the questions onto the back of the stones...






and let them dry for about 24 hours.  


My kids were really excited about these and it was fun to hear some of their answers last night!



What was not fun or funny, though was when the pottery bowl that was holding the conversation stones broke.  Pretty much because Clare had made that bowl (if that wasn't obvious) and there were lots of tears about "her first piece of pottery breaking" and that "she would never be able to make another bowl that looks like that again." 

But that just made for a good answer to: "What are you most looking forward to tomorrow?"

"Making a new pottery bowl."    


17 comments:

  1. A neat idea to put these on stones! I made some fabric conversation coasters which we use with our kids -and the LOVE them! We finally get to find out what they did at school each day!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I think I have all the stuff to make it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is REALLY cool. I can see it really serving it's purpose when you have people over. I would love for you to consider linking this project up to my “Drab to Fab” linky party on Fridays at my blog Sugar and Spice. It’s about refashioning, jazzing up, or changing up normal stuff to make it fabulous! Your post really embodies the purpose of the party! Here’s a link for more info:
    http://www.amynjesse.com/p/drab-to-fab.html
    I’d love to see you on Friday!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this idea! I may have to do this for our family or even for the teen girls in my Sunday School class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and simple idea. Love it!

    New follower from Rae Gun
    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Nice ice"breaker" for a party!!! Have a great weekend! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a great idea-thank you for the excellent tutorial!

    Thanks so much also for joining in with my weekly Pinning Party! This week's party has finally started so please pop by if you have 5 minutes!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! These are great and can be used so many different ways! How creative! Thanks for posting at my place!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com
    PS Hope to see you at my place again on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were one of the most viewed links at last week's {wow me} wednesday party! Wahoo! :) I'll be featuring YOU tonight when the party goes live at 7. Hope to see you again tonight.

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet conversation notes. I like these. This is a good idea...I can make a few and drop them in my hubby's lunch or put under his pillow. He always leaves me encouraging notes on a sticky, now I get to leave him warm messages, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really like this! Want to do a little twist on this.
    Thanks for sharing1 Came over from Tip Junkie!

    bernadette @ www.b3hd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea! I'm always looking for creative ways to break the ice with teens in group counseling! I was wondering if you're willing to share your list of questions? I'm also always struggling to think of different questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Philly Girl: Here's a link to some ice breaker questions that would work for these:
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/ice-breaker-questions-for-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Article you know your article it's useful me. it's really good and helping your article and yes thanks for sharing information
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives Best Sofa Repair Services in HAL,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete