Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tutu Costume

I saw this costume idea for Ellen and decided to make it for her for Halloween this year.  I didn't realize how easy it was to make a tutu.  I used 2 - 25 foot rolls of tulle and elastic for the waist.  I think the whole thing cost me less than $4.     


First I measured out and cut the tulle.


Then cut the elastic to the length I needed to around Ellen's waist and knotted it off.  (You could sew it together, too.)  Next, loop the tulle around and through tying it onto the elastic.  




It was easy work with the elastic around the back of a chair or around a book.  


And here's the finished costume!  The skirt is a bit crushed here from being stuck in the stroller while she ate her dinner...or maybe it looks a little more phantom-ish??



And I have to add a picture of my ballerina and Buzz (probably not surprised by his costume choice...)  And I like Ryan in the background chasing a little ghost around our cul-de-sac!  


Linking with:




1 comment:

  1. SUPER CUTE Tricia!!! I love the sweet hug and ear to ear smiles, too!!! I love your blog!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing

    ReplyDelete