Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Organizing Kids' Clothes

With fall and winter upon us, I was sorting through the boxes of 
kids' clothing and shoes the other day.  (As a bonus, the big plastic storage bins have been on clearance, so I bought a few to contain the growing amount of clothing - as we add in bigger sizes - around here.)  

Jude decided to "help."

And by "help" I mean he was pretty much just trying on anything, regardless of size.

I'm working on perfecting my system of organizing kids' clothes...

I keep plastic bins in the basement for anything that is currently too small or more than one size bigger for anyone.  I combine all winter and summer clothes for one size for one gender together.  And then I have the 1 box of gender neutral newborn essentials...undershirts, burp rags, sleepers, etc.



     I keep one box in each of the kids' closets with clothes for the next season.  (Like I have in Clare's closet.)  We have been blessed with lots of great hand-me-downs and between those and end of the season clearance I usually have most of their clothes for the next season ahead of time.  

I also have one box with "holiday-wear."  This has mostly gender-neutral clothing for holidays...pumpkin shirts, Santa hats, July 4th T-shirts, etc.  That way I'm not wondering if any of these items are in a boy or girl box.  


And seeing that ghost onesie the other day has me thinking of a costume idea for Ellen for Halloween this year...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/59172010/girls-halloween-costume-adorable-ghost
...especially since her nickname is "Boo-Boo!"








4 comments:

  1. If you haven't made one yet, those tutu's are so easy to make...let me know if you need easy directions!!! BTW, Ellen would be adorable in that costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on Ellen's tutu as we speak! So easy and inexpensive to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. You, my friend, ROCK!!!

    kids clothes suppliers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target coupons code 20% discount are the best coupons as they remain valid for around 30 to 40 days.

    ReplyDelete