Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"I did it all by myself!!!"

Home repair is a skill we lack around here.  I knew we were a bad combo after our very first home improvement job at our first house.  We attempted to put a toilet paper holder up in the bathroom...and succeeded in just putting a large hole in the wall.  Thankfully it was fixable, but right then we knew our limits should never exceed much more than hanging pictures.

Cue 7 years later and another small job comes up...


The doorknob from the laundry room has been shut hard so many times to keep Ellen out of there (because she has a small obsession with shoes...and wanting to eat them...and with the broom and dustpan and all of the other "yucky" things that can be found in the laundry room) that the whole knob fell right off the door.

At first we thought we needed a whole new doorknob.  And who was going to be able to do that?????  The door sat un-repaired for a week.  And then I decided to tackle it myself.

Of course Jude was very eager to help and was very confident that his tools would be able to complete the job...



And in the end...I did it!  I put the doorknob back on and it closes even better than it did before!  I feel like a home-improvement genius!







1 comment:

  1. Yay! Way to go...I bet that felt great to just get it done and checked off the list. And love Jude's "tools". Bet he was a good helper.

    ReplyDelete